10:02:57 AM May 8th 2014
The Messiah is no longer a trope. Please readd under a better trope.
- The Messiah: If it weren't for Alternia's annihilation preventing her reign, Feferi's plans would have included uniting land and sea dwellers and redefining culling to mean caring for the unfit and infirm members of troll society instead of exterminating them.
- Later she's the first to suggest simply working together with the humans, and she makes it possible for Jade to communicate with the dead trolls via dream bubbles. Or at least Jade wants to thank her for setting them up.
- Note that the 'culling' thing might have become a Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!, as culling is used to feed her Lusus. Said Lusus, if not fed, will get perturbed and kill every troll alive.
09:02:10 PM Dec 10th 2010
OK, so I don't think Tsundere describes Feferi very well either. Her snarky mode isn't much like Tsun-Tsun as described there, and also part of Tsundere seems to be romantic interest in the object of the Tsundereness, which doesn't apply to Eridan. Any other ideas as to what's going on there? We shouldn't try to fit a square peg into a round trope.
05:29:20 PM Jan 16th 2011
edited by MasterHand
edited by MasterHand
Well, if there's a problem we should think of a trope that describes it. I think that it's not showing the full extent of Feferi's character if we present her as a totally-good sweetheart - she is at times, but definately not all the time. If it helps, I found the conversation that spurred this:
- CA: i wwas gettin wworried kinda
- CC: Yes, it was a pretty close call, and got kind of complicated.
- CC: But Sollux finally came t)(roug)(, and now I believe t)(e full c)(ain is complete!
- CA: man that guy
- CA: hes a fuckin drama machine it is fuckin pathetic
- CC: YOUR STUPID FIS)(Y FAC-E IS T)(-E DRAMA MAC)(IN-E T)(AT DO-ES NOT)(ING BUT W)(IN-E AND GLUB.
07:03:34 PM Dec 14th 2013
I originally added the trope, but I agree with you that it doesn't fit her exactly. Shall I replace it with 'Mood Swinger?' ('Hair-Trigger Temper' might also work, but she doesn't seem volatile enough. From the main page: '...This person is not normal until proven otherwise. At best he's tetchy and anxiety-inducing. At worst, he's a surly, dangerous, ticking time bomb. The very act of talking to them might be enough to set them off. Trying to joke with them is downright suicidal.') Also, shall I specify her conversation with Sollux in 'Kanaya: Return to Core' to further verify these tropes? Her breakup dialogue with Eridan is one reason I added 'Tsundere', but not the only one.