A frightening Scenario: Aftermath of a Successful Genocide:
edited 3rd Feb '13 12:59:09 PM by Natasel
edited 4th Feb '13 12:57:22 AM by Wolf1066
- Genocide Backfire: In Babylon 5's episode "Secrets of the Soul" the Hyach murdered the Hyach-do. Both races interbred, but after the genocide the Hyach suffered some biological issue that only the Hyach-do's DNA could cure. Killing them off was a bad idea.
- No Delays for the Wicked means that sending "those people" elsewhere went pretty quickly, however Fascist, but Inefficient / Low Culture, High Tech will bite the regime in the ass. Those people might be the educated classes, the artists or just those willing to make the place work. The mooks can herd them to the Maximum Fun Chamber but can they fix a broken car? Science and medicine grind to a halt because they murdered the healers.
- Full-Circle Revolution because some mooks become The Starscream: after bumping off the target of the genocide, some get antsy. All that hate has nowhere to go. Sure the food plan might fill the bellies of the people but their spirits are empty (Picard, 1992)
- Better have gotten all of those people, when The Dog Bites Back there will be hell to pay. Cue You Killed My Father, Prepare to Die and other Revenge Tropes.
- All that evidence has to go somewhere. Orders get written down, transportation has to be arranged. People see stuff. The neighbors grab a mook and quickly tell him Just Following Orders won't save him, so he dishes the dirt.
edited 4th Feb '13 7:21:50 AM by TairaMai
You need to Get Known to get one of those.