Doctor Who - Time and Space [Signup Thread]:
- Name: Captain Jonathan Rose, UNIT (Late Mercian Regiment)
- Age: 23
- Species: Human
- Country/Planet of Origin: England, United Kingdom, Earth.
- Appearance: Short-ish but medium set, with short brown hair and brown eyes that look like they've seen a bit too much over the years. Wears either standard-issue black combat dress or khaki officer's service dress with the insignia of his former regiment as well as UNIT wings. Carries a standard issue handgun◊ in either a brown leather holster on his Sam Browne belt in SD or in a black thigh holster in combat gear. Will also carry a standard G36C◊ Carbine in combat.
- Personality: Jon's still somewhat of an idealist, although this has been blunted by his time in the field. His training has also given him a reasonably cool head, with the ability to analyse a given situation and form a plan around it. Said plan is rarely ever perfect, but it gets the job done.
- Backstory: A former infantry troop commander with frontline service in Afghanistan under his belt, Jon's no stranger to high-stress combat situations. It also means he's less inclined to sit back in a command centre like many UNIT officers.
edited 16th Sep '12 2:25:28 PM by Stratofarius
edited 3rd Oct '12 8:22:35 AM by luckybreak91
edited 3rd Oct '12 8:35:56 AM by SlendidSuit
- Name: Gale (AKA 99617-Gale-95-Sigma-P *)
- Age: 6 chronologically, ~25 physically
- Species: Human clone
- Planet of origin: Mars
- Appearance: Tailored for life in low-gravity environments, Gale is taller and thinner than most humans, with black hair worn in an ear-length bob. She has a round face with grey eyes and a perpetually-tanned complexion, and usually wears a utilitarian grey jumpsuit. Perversely, she also wears a bright green beret, to which she seems very attached. Her full "name" and an ID code strip are gene-tattooed around her left upper arm.
- Personality: While quiet and sometimes rather blunt, Gale is nevertheless quite friendly and very loyal with a keen sense of duty and responsibility. Like most of her kind, she also has a deeply buried - but well-rooted - curious streak. The end result is like a strange mix of professional and child, displaying the same earnest focus to both docking her shuttle correctly and her attempts to teach herself to draw. This curiosity extends to many aspects of her life, including her own mortality - death seems more of a curiosity than something frightening.
- Backstory: 99617 was born in a glass tank, besides 50 of her compatriots in a military installation buried beneath the Gale Crater. War was brewing between Mars and the asteroid colonies, and a paranoid Martian government began building up an army of clones - cheap, effective, and decidedly illegal. Trained via a virtual reality simulation as she gestated, 99617 was originally slated to be a gunship pilot. However, she had barely been decanted when the Earth government stepped in and nipped the war in the bud. Like her 99999 brothers and sisters, the clone suddenly found herself without a purpose - so when Earth offered the clones rehabilitation courses and employment she grasped the opportunity with both hands. She took on the nickname "Gale", and was eventually hired as a shuttle pilot aboard a deep-exploration starship.
- Gale met the Doctor while on an expedition to explore Triton, Neptune's largest moon. Turns out the icy ball was home to a hibernating alien war drone, and it was only with the circumstantial arrival of the Doctor that any of the crew made it out alive. Gale worked closely with him during the incident and grew to admire him despite, or perhaps because of, his eccentricities.
edited 26th Nov '12 4:47:27 AM by Gaunt88