(Started this thread based on this thread/post.
For those that are unaware, one of the ideas for bringing in some money from the forum-side of the wiki is to sell "badges" (sort-of like the Herald one) that you can buy and put up as part of your "gingerbread" AKA
The shop can be found by clicking on the "basket" at the top of any post. There is a 1 USD -> 1Þ exchange rate.
Each person who buys a badge will also be able to customize the hover text that people see for their particular badges. (Note: Only plain text is usable for a caption. Potholes and other wiki formatting will not work)
There are three slots under the avatar and above the "title" space to display them. You will be able to get to your gallery (where you can chose which ones you want to show and their order) by clicking on these slots.
If you wish to participate in making the badges, they need to be a max of 24x24 pix.
The only things we are completely keeping out of the store are symbols that are generally associated with any religion (the Yin-Yang and such are more known for other reasons), gender/sex/sexual orientation badges, and ones that infringe on copyrights. If you see things that you think do infringe, you probably don't have to worry about it. Those are images that don't match their originals (the heart container), are free-to-use, or the original copyright owner has lost their privilege to go after the "offending" images by not going after them in the past.
Please use this thread for everything badge-related.
The rest of this post is taken up by badge ideas, links to badges people have made, and default text ideas. NOTE: The list has not been updated in quite a while (and will probably never be) now that badge ideas/submissions appear naturally in the thread and go strait into the shop.
Purchased for own use
- Hey! I hang out in _____ forum! (might use the wiki images—a book for Lit—for these)
- Video Games *: Wii would like to trope. | Don't throw this into the screen—again. | Got to love those pixelated llamas.
- Lit : Has a big enough book that it's a certified weapon. | An avid bookworm that had barrowed into the forum's soil. | Who needs pictures when you have paper/text? | Hardcover or paperback? The hardest choice since paper and plastic—although it's definitely paper.
- Amime/manga *
- Tabletop games
- a d20 : d20 | The Troll swings at you with the stolen banhammer roll for a saving throw. | Game masters always keep a set of dice handy. | For the roleplayer who like a little...randomness.
- 6 more options for a d20
- The "20" on a d20 | You rolled a critical! Unfortunately, that could be a bad thing...
- Wiki Talk
- IP * : Can choose the right pics for a trope page easily.
- TRS *
- Western Animation *
- Visual Novels
- Music : (Lady Gaga) Snap, snap, trope that hit on the radio! | (Carefull With That Ax) Careful with that dubstep!
- Live Action TV
- Live Action Film *
- Comics *
- Visual Arts
- Christmas *
- Easter *
- 4th of July
- "My country's birthday"
- Affiliations *
- Other (interest and personality related come to mind)
- Stuff that was "gift only"
- Tropers who are great at making puns *
- a badge(r) | Very punny, indeed.
edited 2nd Jul '12 11:01:44 PM by Belian
Yu hav nat sein bod speeling unntil know. (cacke four undersandig tis)the cake is a lie!