Total posts: 
Things Mr. Welch Is No Longer Allowed To Do In SBURB:
Detective ExtroadinaireIf this should go somewhere else, please move it. 1. Not allowed to use Hero of Light powers to cheat at monopoly. 1a. Or Farkle. 1b. Or D&D. 1c. In fact, banned from any game involving randomizers, period. 2. Not allowed to prototype my kernelsprite with another kernelsprite just to see what would happen. 3. The following are inappropriate Strife Specibi:
edited 3rd Mar '12 8:51:17 AM by Aniventerie
Need a tall, brawny fella to come by and inspect your pickle? Perhaps I may be this fella.
LesbarianWe have this thread in Tabletoo Games.
Mura: -flips the bird to veterinary science with one hand and Euclidean geometry with the other-
I will not try to substitute toads for frogs, even if they are easier to catch.
Just awesome like that*has no idea what any of this means*
Was Aliroz the Confused11. No using dark got tiger powers to resurrect Bro. Even if the GM isn't looking.
If you want any of my avatars, just Pm me I'd truly appreciate any avatar of a reptile sleeping in a Nice Hat Read Elmer Kelton books
12. Addendum to 3, further inappropriate Strife Specibi: peopleKind 13. Captchaloguing other players is strictly forbidden. 14. Even if Skaia allows it, not allowed to prototype Derse. 14b. Or Prospit. 14c. Or anything of significantly large size. 15. Not allowed to prototype a statue of a paraplegic to cripple the Black Queen and King. 15a. For that matter, not allowed to use my prototyping in any way as to deliberately cripple the Black Queen and King. 16. Not allowed to aggro the Black Queen while dreaming, lure her to the Quest Bed, and have her kill me for an easy Ascend. 16a. Rule 16 is exempted if the action is taken as a last resort. 16b. If on Prospit, not allowed to convince the White Queen to kill me on my Quest Bed for an easy Ascend. 16c. I will not suicide on my quest bed for an easy ascend. 16c-a. Time-related shenanigans do not count. 17. If my Strife Specibus is BFG or BFS Kind, for any reason, I will dispatch my opponents by firing/hack'n'slashing, not spawning my obscenely large weapons above them.
edited 15th Mar '12 1:55:07 PM by FlashofNight
Youkai Serious18: Do not alchemize anything with the Black Queen's Ring. 19: Do not alchemize anything with the Black Queen. 20: Stop manhandling the Black Queen, she was already angry when we got here.
They assed first. I am only retaliating in an ass way. -The Dead Man's Life
KCCOMan, seems like Mr. Welch is playing with some real buzzkiller G Ms.
There is no Zuul, there is only the Bear Jew.
21. Not allowed to prototype a Grue. 21a. Not allowed to prototype a Tonberry. 21b. Not allowed to prototype any demigod figures. (Exceptions made to Cthulhu and the like.) 21c. Not allowed to prototype myself. (Exception made if I am already dead.) 21d. Not allowed to kill myself solely to prototype myself. 22. "Shenanigans" only accounts for so much; i.e. I did not kill all of the Denizens solely through "Shenanigans". I must elaborate. 23. bombKind abstratus means grenades and claymore mines, not supernuclear charges. 24. Addendum to 23, "Supernuclear grenades" are only so powerful. 25. I will remember that SBURB DOES HAVE FRIENDLY FIRE ENABLED. 26. No, I will not "heedlessly alchemize everything in my house and hope something good comes out." 27. I will not have bucketKind abstratus solely to antagonize any observant trolls. 28. If I am the Knight of Time, I will not invest in a deadCloneKind abstratus. 29. Even if the rules allow it, ABSCON Ding is a valid flight option, not a valid fight option. CLARIFICATION: I will not ABSCOND enemies to death by any means. 30. Not allowed to captchalogue my Kernelsprite. 31. Not allowed to prototype a Captcha card. 32. Not allowed to prototype my spare copy of SBURB. 33. pistolKind and rifleKind are different from each other. They are also different from artilleryKind. 34. giantMechKind assumes I will be starting the session unarmed for a few descends. 35. Orbital bombardment only works if I actually have a satellite, which I likely won't. 35a. In the event I do have a Kill Sat, I am restricted to 3 shots. 35b. Not allowed to blow my three shots on standard Mooks. 36. Just because I am an 8th degree black belt in any martial arts doesn't mean I can take on the Black Queen early. 37. fistKind means I'm fighting unarmed, not that I'm amputating my hands to alchemize. 37a. Not allowed to amputate any body part to alchemize a prosthetic counterpart, regardless of how awesome it is.
edited 16th Mar '12 7:21:24 PM by FlashofNight
Cmdr. of His Supremacy's Armed Forces38. No longer allowed to alchemise Imps.
Parasol Star Memories
edited 23rd Mar '12 7:44:21 PM by hnd03
So. Let's all pause for a moment to smell what the Rock was, is, and forever will be... cooking.—Cave Johnson
Oh My41. No longer allowed to proposition the female troll players for "the sake of bridging social gaps". 41 a. No longer allowed to proposition the female troll players for any reason. 41 b. Or the Black Queen or consorts or anything.
edited 23rd Mar '12 7:51:11 PM by Aondeug
If someone wants to accuse us of eating coconut shells, then that's their business. We know what we're doing. - Achaan Chah
42. I am not to ever mention the Walrus incident within earshot of a troll. 43. I cannot use cardKind Abstratus and a lot of shenanigans to wield everything forever. I can only wield cards stuff.
44. Just because my aspect is Light, it does not mean I can sing "Light up the Night" at the top of my lungs whenever I want. 44a. Even if I have the Bard as my class. 44b. Especially if I have the Bard as my class.
edited 12th Sep '12 1:26:10 PM by KPShadow
The Great One
Man, seems like Mr. Welch is playing with some real buzzkiller G Ms.Yeah they sound like some real poop pokers. What's the point of playing a game if you're not having any fun? I hate people like that. If I want to use a god damn Micro Machines Tank when I play Monopoly, I'm gonna use the god damn tank. Ya know why? Because I love god damn tanks!
"If everybody is thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking"- George S. Patton
the it-thingyGiven the nature of SBURB, I'm pretty sure at least half of these are perfectly valid strategies.
We dance around in a ring and suppose,
But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost
45. Not allowed to use temporal shenanigans to prototype a kernelsprite with our session's Black Queen.
Smile for me!
So, Rose has violated rule 6, and Caliborn has violated rule 14c and possibly rule 3 Methinks Hussie is aware of this list. So, yeah, more rules 46. Anything that would turn the White King and White Queen into bigger threats than the Black King and Black Queen is an automatic no-go. 47. The Trollish word for human is not "shisno". 48. Not allowed to use the bombKind abstratus to play Grifball
Stoat-Dolphin Hybrid49. If you are a Hero of Time, this doesn't give you an excuse to break pots, yell incoherently, or roll around like some kind of pillbug-boy.
edited 29th Nov '12 11:01:29 AM by SuperGex
"i'm like the pimpmaster hustledaddy of all snippy bookshrews" -Dave Strider
CANON!!50. I am not allowed to ask the Time player whether it's gay or masturbation. addendum: if I am the time player, I am not allowed to explain whether it's gay or masturbation. 51. I will not make the Doom player sing the Doom Song, nor will I sing the Doom Song to the Doom player. 52. If I am the bard, I will not carry around a skull of one of my dead fellow players and call it Yorick and keep complaining how I hardly knew him 53. Groinsawkind is not a valid strife specibus, no matter how convenient it would be as a hands-free strifing weapon.
"Beware of the wolves. They were raised by wolves." Eidolonomics: ~60.4k/100,000 words
Stoat-Dolphin Hybrid54. Tauntkills only apply on specific weapons, and they have a miserable range. 55. Alchemizing three piles of metal will not make a hat.
edited 29th Nov '12 1:05:03 PM by SuperGex
"i'm like the pimpmaster hustledaddy of all snippy bookshrews" -Dave Strider
56: Carpet bombing my denizen's lair is generally considered bad form. 56b: So is carpet bombing anyone Else's denizen. 57: arachnidKind is not an acceptable Strife Specibus. Even if the imps are arachnophobic. 58: I will not use my quest bed to flatten imps. (Sorry for the necro, I just love this kind of thread and wanted to contribute)
edited 27th Jan '14 9:22:45 AM by mrmercer
The system doesn't know you right now, so no post button for you.
You need to Get Known to get one of those.
Total posts: 24
TV Tropes by TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from firstname.lastname@example.org.