Article Dumping: Writer's Block Edition:
- Romance University: Make ‘Em Laugh, Make ‘Em Cry- Stretching emotions in category romance by Louisa George: Starting out with humor and then shifting it into something else.
- The Writing Nut: Wednesday Writer’s Workspace Welcomes Pam Torres: A writer cannot have too many grandchildren.
- Writability: A Lesson from Bestsellers: Write Whatever You Want: The Next Big Thing won't be the last Next Big Thing.
- QueryTracker.net: Figuring Out Your Writing Style: What's your plan, time of day, writing interval, and frequency of ideas?
- Colorimetry: Packaging Books: A neat post on how to mail novels with little money and paper packages
edited 18th Apr '12 6:09:26 PM by chihuahua0
edited 19th Apr '12 6:18:40 AM by JHM
- Sorry, no links today.
edited 19th Apr '12 2:39:58 PM by chihuahua0
edited 22nd Apr '12 4:09:04 PM by chihuahua0
edited 22nd Apr '12 5:25:52 PM by SnowyFoxes
- The Character Therapist: Do Writing Contests Help or Hurt Creativity?: It can help productivity, but...
- Writability: How (Not) to Write Great Characters: Kill 'em All on the very last page is really hard to execute.
- Roni Loren: Testing Your Opening Scene - 5 Steps #atozchallenge: Okay, I need to further work on my protagonist's motivations, intentions, and expectations (although the latter isn't on the list).
- Seeking the Write Life: YA Fiction and the Inessential Penis: Despite the strange title, this discusses a well-handled example.
- The Writers Alley: What's Your WPH: A way of thinking about it.
- Colorimetry: Not so perfect, are we?: A brief round-up of links detailing an earlier case of plagiarism.
- Wrestling the Muse: alk to me…It’s not in your words, It’s all in the way you move…: A springboard article on non-verbal language.
- Alexandra Sokoloff: Sassy Gay Friend! Character stereotypes and archetypes: Some insight into how the Gay Best Friend and Magical Negro "archetypes" manifested.
edited 24th Apr '12 2:51:31 PM by chihuahua0
- Hippies, Beauty and Books Oh My: Drama Llamas, Plagiarism and Bullying Oh My!: An indirect response to recent events through a true story.
- Courage 2 Creat: Please: Give Us Something That Matters: In a form that hammers the point into your head and through your skull.
- The Write Practice: The Power of Secrets: The comments are turning into a text version of this.
- Building Character: 13 Warning Signs You’re A Writer: First of all, I'm pacing. Second of all...
- Victoria's Pages of Romance: Ideas for Developing Intimacy in a Romance Novel Relationship part 1: Eye-to-eye...I consider this an interesting concept.
- YA Indie: So, you just got your first 1-star review.: Haters gonna hate, so you might as well get away from that keyboard and go all Cathy onto that tub of chocolate ice cream.
edited 26th Apr '12 6:22:49 PM by SnowyFoxes