YMMV / Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego?
So tell me WHERE, IN TIME, ARE THE Y-M-M-V TROPES?
- Awesome Moments:
- Lynne Thigpen as the Statue of Liberty. Hell yeah, Makeup Department!
- Due to how difficult the Trail of Time was, any time a time pilot actually completed it and captured Carmen was one of these inherently.
- Awesome Music/Ear Worm: The theme song, although not as well-remembered as the one from its predecessor, is catchy in its own right. You can hear a high-quality version of it (ripped from the Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego? (1997) disc) here.
- Evil Is Sexy: Mirror Universe Chief.
- Fridge Logic: Wait, if there's a Delayed Ripple Effect, how does ACME know that something has been stolen? Time hasn't changed yet, and even if it had it wouldn't matter because getting it back and returning it wouldn't help because time has changed to accommodate this fact. And if history changes so that the item never existed in that time period... Oh, we've gone cross-eyed! In short, let's just say the show runs on this, although the same could be said of any series with Time Police.
- Growing the Beard: Season 2 got quite a bit fancier, with a redone opening and some new CG graphics.
- Most Annoying Sound: Baron Wasteland's laugh, which sounds like The Penguin getting prodded with a hot poker.
- Replacement Scrappy: Pretty much everyone and everything on Time compared to their World counterparts, with the exception of The Chief. There wasn't really anything wrong with the Engine Crew, but Rockapella they weren't, and Kevin Shinick was actually a pretty good host, but his biggest strike against him compared to Greg Lee was the fact that Lynne Thigpen's scenes as the Chief were pre-recorded, removing her witty banter with the host.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: The switch from World to Time ousted a lot of fun from the show for many fans. Most egregious of all was the decision to pre-tape all of Thigpen's messages, which eliminated the host-announcer banter. This naturally makes one of the show's best-loved moments when the Chief from World shows up, asking where Greg is. Though she does like the look of her Time outfit and asks how long it'll be before she gets to wear it.