YMMV / When Dinosaurs Roamed America
- Most Annoying Sound: Most of the dinosaur noises may be seen as such, thanks to how awfully mechanical and synthesized they sound.
- Nightmare Fuel: All of the large theropods, except for Nothronychus.
- The Dilophosaurus roar is one of the most memorable things about the show. Though for some, it's actually a Most Wonderful Sound.
- Special Effect Failure: Quite a number:
- When the Rutiodon lunges out of the water, its tail goes above the surface, but there aren't any splashes or ripples.
- As the "Syntarsus" pack prowls the forest, one shot has them walking in air.
- The Dilophosaurus eating the Anchisaurus corpse is actually the reversed footage of it killing the animal, thus the Anchi's head rises up into the mouth of the predator by itself.
- As a young Triceratops playfully rolls through the vegetation, its neck-frill passes into the ground.
- What an Idiot: The raptors in the fourth segment die in a forest fire because they were too busy eating to run away.