Tropers Online: 5,183
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: What Women Want
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The sequence with Nick dancing (albeit, drunkenly) to "I Won't Dance" by Frank Sinatra. However, the scene may also just be Rule of Cool because it is massively fun to watch him dance around with his Cool Hat.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Several Frank Sinatra songs play during the film since Nick is a huge fan of the guy.
- As is director Nancy Meyers; Sinatra often appears in many of her films.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Mel Gibson in a romantic comedy with Helen Hunt, a Jew. Think about it.
- So Bad, It's Good: The movie's sexism is so ridiculous that some people can't help but laugh at it.
- Tear Jerker: Erin the File girl.
(Thinking): "Oh, god! He almost killed me! ...Too bad he missed."