Tropers Online: 3,865
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: Water Margin
- Ho Yay:
- Partly due to the Values Dissonance, but almost all the males tend to prefer the presence of other males than women.
- How about Song Jiang and Li Kui? The fact that Li Kui happily dies with Song Jiang, and Song Jiang agrees to be buried with Li Kui instead of his wife?
- Stealth Pun: Wu Yong's name is pronounced the exact same way as a Chinese phrase meaning "Useless". The pun is doubled if one considers the man's nickname, "the wise/resourceful star".
- Values Dissonance: Some of the heroes, in the action of revenge or fight corrupted officials, will kill EVERYONE of the victim's family, from old to infant.
- This makes a chilling sort of sense; if you leave someone alive, they'd be pretty motivated toward vengeance.