- Foe Yay: Sid really likes committing crimes more when Parker is the one trying to stop him.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Sid standing in the middle of the Ultimate Fighting Championship ring with his arms raised above his head becomes a lot funnier when five years later Russell Crowe found himself in a similar scene in Gladiator. The only thing missing is Sid/Crowe yelling "Are You Not Entertained?!"
- Ho Yay: Lindenmayer really loves his masterpiece. Sid's able to hypnotize him easily, which makes sense considering his origins as a hippie cult leader, fascist orators, and more.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- This isn't Russell Crowe's first American movie, but it is an early one. It is also the first acting job for a *very* young Kaley Cuoco, who plays Karin Carter.
- The film also has a scene take place at an Ultimate Fighting Championship fight, years before the company would gain mainstream prominence.