YMMV: VNV Nation
- Broken Base: A few fans dislike Futureperfect for being too "soft". A few more dislike their later albums for their Synth Pop influences. Not nearly as huge a case as some others, though.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Quite a few of their songs, but "Art Of Conflict" is arguably one of their most awesome songs.
- Ear Worm: "Fearless" (it may be a Madness Mantra, but its chorus sure is catchy), "Kingdom" (both the chorus and the main synth line), "Standing", "Electronaut"... Let's just say they have quite a lot of these and move on.
- Genre Adultery: Sometimes accused of such, mostly by fans of harder EBM / Industrial Music. Futureperfect gets hit with this the most due to its obvious Trance influence, but their other late-period albums are not immune either.
- Magnum Opus: Empires is most commonly accepted as theirs, but some fans have put forward other albums as well.
- Tear Jerker: Quite a few songs manage to be this- they're big on songs with an epic, melancholy, wistful tone, after all.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: See genre adultery. Notably, not too many people complain about this.