- Alternate Character Interpretation: Is Will violent and abusive, or did he just get the short end of the stick and the Idiot Ball at the same time? Does he have anger management issues, or is he stressed by his upcoming hearing and the worst possible first day on the job? Is he sulking about the restraining order getting in the way of seeing his kid, or is he honestly angry at himself for what he did? Some combination of all these?
- Awesome Music: The music that plays as 777 goes through the Stanton curve, where it's most likely to derail.
- Hell Is That Noise: Every time the camera focuses on train 777, it roars. Makes sense since the director wanted 777 to sound like a beast. Therefore, he combines real locomotive sounds with real animal roars to give 777 it's beastly roar.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One news report of the CSX 8888 incident that inspired the movie had this dialogue, "It was like something you'd see in a Hollywood action movie, only this was no movie."
- Like You Would Really Do It: Come on, like they would really kill a train full of innocent elementary schoolers on a field trip.