YMMV: Touch Detective
- Awesome Music: The game soundtrack is generally very well done, but "Cosmos of Fear", the theme for the Planetarium, is especially awe-inspiring. The dramatic score "Scenes from a Postcard" is also very beautiful.
- Ho Yay: When Chloe meets Inspector Daria face-to-face in case #3, hearts appear over her head and she instantly decides to become 'Miss' Daria's apprentice.
- Jerkass Woobie: Lynsey. She isn't especially friendly to anyone who doesn't have a doll and then there's the kidnapping people and playing with them as living dolls thing, but you can tell how lonely she really is. Her only art is of her crying hysterically as Mackenzie takes her doll away.
- Nightmare Fuel: The planetarium owner in the first game. Wears a sinister trenchcoat, creepily obsessively devoted to his daughter, has the mouth of a leech, tries to turn both Mackenzie and Penelope into mind-controlled people-dolls.
- Squick: Some of the ingredients in Antoinette's pastries seem like they would be inedible—eel shortcake.
- The Untwist: In the second game. It is such an untwist that you wouldn't see the fact that it's a twist coming.
- The Woobie: Silver, especially when it comes to insecurities about his voice. After his accident, his song comes out as so terrible that even the Cornstalker, who had arrived to steal him, just laughs and decides it's not worth it. Silver's reaction to that alone was heartbreaking.