- The fact that each time Chloe declares she has an idea, Mackenzie up and decides to just walk away. Chloe then yells at her to come back and that she must want to listen to her idea since they’re friends. Riiiight?
- In the first episode of the first game Penelope explains that her dreams are being stolen. Chloe declares it’s the work of the Mouse King, a supposition that even Penelope thinks is ridiculous. She later is forced to sleep with a mouse-trap on her forehead.
- Mackenzie, despite being the Only Sane Man, falling into Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! and thinking about what to do with her cold tea instead of listening to her client.
Chloe: The most popular character deserves 1st place!Inner Mackenzie: Um, according to internet polls, I was the most popular character.
- In general the inner monologue commentary that Mackenzie gives on her cases can be pretty hilarious; not only for her horrified, shocked, or just emotionless expressions, but also the Fourth Wall Breaking, snarky, or Innocent Inaccurate kind of dialogue that results.
- The various frustrated, frightened, or just confused reactions you get when you show the laughing bag toy to all of the residents of the town. When you show it to Dover, he becomes furious because it won't stop laughing at him and crushes it.
- Inspector Daria throwing her back out each time she tries to make grand, dramatic gestures on the case.
- Daria's failure to be the Cornstalker's rival and losing out to a girl much younger than her.
- Harrison the archaeologist having no "inside" voice.