YMMV: The Strangers
- Ending Fatigue: The sequence of showing that Kristen is still alive for one last jump scare.
- Hell Is That Noise: QUICKSILVER GIRL. QUICKSILVER GIRL. QUICKSILVER GIRL. QUICKSILVER GIRL—
- Idiot Plot: If the couple actually had brains, things would've never gotten as bad as they did.
- Paranoia Fuel: If you were scared by this film, you probably wouldn't want to be in any homes far away from towns or cities for a while.
- Uncanny Valley: The masks.
- So Okay, It's Average: Despite heavy criticisms for how the main characters acted, the film did well, due to the atmosphere of what would happen to someone if they endured a home invasion. Liv Tyler's performance was also praised and the actors who played the titular Strangers did a great job scaring the audience.
- What an Idiot: The good guys. In spades. They never call the police when they had the opportunity, they never open the front door to see the girl knocking on their door, and the boyfriend owns a shotgun that he has no idea how to use. The couple never had a chance.
- The couple's friend is the biggest idiot of them all, though. "Hey, I'm driving up to my friends' house and a brick just hit my windshield! Should I drive back out and go get the police? Nope! I should get out of my car and go inside!"