YMMV: The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain
- Crowning Moment of Funny: The League's response to Elizabeth and Skinner's engagement in the fifth volume.
- "Allan Observes" was written specifically with this trope in mind.
- There's also the scene in the version of volume IV from Skinner's point of view, in which he has a mental conversation with the deceased Allan to ask his permission to marry Elizabeth.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: A few here and there; the last chapter of the last volume ends on one.
- Die for Our Ship: A meta example, as it wasn't another character the fans wanted out of the way. Some of the more vehement Skinner/Elizabeth shippers threatened bodily harm on the author if the Anchored Ship didn't set sail.
- Fixer Sue: Elizabeth, arguably; the thing she was created to "fix" was the fact that Allan Quatermain died and left no children behind him, something the author found incredibly depressing.
- Narm Charm
- Paranoia Fuel: Elizabeth spends most of the first volume with an invisible man (not that one) stalking her around the ship, including in her bedroom. After she knows about it, it takes her a while to get over it.