YMMV: The Phantom
- Ethnic Scrappy: Pygmy chief Guran in the early years of the comic.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: The Phantom is pretty much the most popular costumed hero in the world... except in his home country of the US where he's sadly slipped into obscurity.
- Memetic Mutation: Old jungle sayings...
- Woolseyism: In Sweden, "The ghost who walks" is translated into "Den vandrande vålnaden," which literally means "The wandering spirit." Yes, they could have chosen to write "Det gående spöket," a completely literal translation, but any Swede would agree that they made the right decision.
- Awesome Music: Not for the first time, David Newman provides a rousing score that's better than the movie it supports.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The scene where the skeleton kills Styles.
- Ethnic Scrappy: The kid
- Who hardly seems to count, considering he's in the movie for something like five minutes at the very beginning.
- Les Yay: Sala (the female sky pirate who switches sides) seems to have as much of a "thing" for Diana as she does for Kit.
"I think us girls should stick together."
- All her fellow Sky Pirates were also women.
- Lost in Medias Res: Often cited as the source of the film's failure.