YMMV: The Elric Saga
- Base Breaker: Elric himself. The audience sees him either as a refreshing departure from the standard fantasy hero or as a whiny moron who gets hit by the Idiot Ball a bit too much.
- Cargo Ship: Elric and Stormbringer. Lampshaded rather bitterly by Zarozinia:
I see your other mistress still shares your bed... And now you need never try to dismiss her again, for that black Lord of Nihrain has given you an excuse to keep her forever by your side.
- Cult Classic
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: its maybe hard to go through all the books with Elric's wangst and jerkassery, not to mention the Kill 'em All scenario.
- Fandom Rivalry: With J. R. R. Tolkien fans. Mostly due to the controversial Epic Pooh essay by Moorcock.
- Ho Yay: Dyvim Tvar is said to love only two things in life: dragons and Elric.
- Moonglum and Elric, Arioch and Elric.
- Nightmare Fuel: Plenty to go around, especially the appearance of Doctor Jest.
- Squick: What Jagreen Lern does to Zarozinia in Stormbringer.
- Wangst: A good portion of pages in most books is dedicated to describe Elric's self-loathing.
- What an Idiot: Elric is specifically warned not to leave his treacherous cousin Yyrkoon in charge of Melnibone, but he does anyway. Sure enough, Elric is exiled and Yyrkoon goes on (another) power trip.
- To elaborate the idiocy; this cousin has already thrown him off his ship with his armor on, after running away, creating a secret army and also kidnapping the chick afterwards they fight over Stormbringer and Mournblade which he wins pretty decisively and then he puts Yyrkoon back on the throne to travel the world for a year... graah!
- The Woobie: Elric, dear Arioch, Elric.
- Tear Jerker: What happens to Cymoril, Zarozinia and Moonglum.