YMMV: The Conversion Bureau: Conquer the Stars
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Firebird rapidly became a fan favorite before the first chapter was even completed.
- Fridge Horror:
- Discussed on the forums with regards to Firebird's parents (and Newfoals in general). ''Not Alone'' and this story firmly establish that the Newfoals are complete doormats who are unable to feel anger or be assertive. On the other hand, their children are born normal, with the full range of emotions. So it's not much of a stretch to believe that a good number of Newfoal parents, while they would be loving and caring, would be horrible disciplinarians and be way too overly indulgent, resulting in Spoiled Brats that would put Diamond Tiara to shame, or children with a heavy chip on their shoulder (like Firebird, whose special talent is being a Bully Hunter pretty much). On that note, what if a Newfoal that married a natural-born pony ended up getting abused or exploited due to their passiveness?
- Imagine if Equestria had won the war. Literally billions of ponies would then be born to newfoal parents completely unprepared to care for them; it's not hard to imagine them dying en masse due to poor care.
- If Celestia and Luna are not back on Gaia, are the Sun and Moon moving? If not, what happened to the rest of the world?
- At least one discussion on the forum was confirmed that the Newfoals are so pacifistic, they would ask that their limbs be tied up so they don't accidentally kick someone... as they're being dragged away by a lynch mob.
- Moral Event Horizon: Commander (Former) Sparks Timber of the Hoofington garrison ordering the guards to use violent means (even lethal ones) to subdue the protesters in Hoofington.
- Nightmare Fuel: The massacre in chapter one. It's disturbingly close to an actual massacre that took place in 1968. Made even more powerful because said event happened in the author's own home town.
- Tear Jerker: Mayor Mare's death.