- Hilarious in Hindsight: When asked what prizes the station could give away David Tennant's character, Campbell, says this:
Campbell: It can be anything we like. A trip to Graceland by time machine to meet Elvis. Lunch with the Archbishop of Canterbury. I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space. I'm a loony for God's sake.
- Iconic Outfit: Campbell's most remembered piece of clothing is that colorful hoodie◊ that resembled a crude Microsoft Windows logo.
- Retroactive Recognition: David Tennant of Doctor Who fame and Balin from ''The Hobbit''.
- The Woobie: Almost every patient earns this role at one point in time, but Francine in particular.
- Too Cool to Live: Fergus has some shades of this in his own quiet, unassuming way. He's an electrical engineering wizz who can also swipe things (like a doctor's lab-coat) and escape, cat-burglar style (complete with ropes, harness, grappling hooks, etc.) from the asylum every night (and return before morning) without staff knowing. He even managed to somehow get a Cool Helmet and a hang-glider to go gliding from one of the towers.... His horrid shrink does not give him permission to get his engineering job so he defenestrates himself.