YMMV: Spider-Man: Noir
- Complete Monster (from Eyes Without a Face):
- Otto Octavius, a.k.a. Dr. Octopus, stands in stark contrast to his occasionally noble 616 counterpart. Born a cripple, Octavius used his genius to create mechanical limbs to compensate. Also a follower and worshiper of the Nazi philosophy, Octavius kidnaps innocent black men, knowing the police won't devote much effort to their disappearances, and practices horrific experiments on them, that kill them or leave them drooling vegetables. He displays no remorse for this whatsoever, viewing them as less than human. He isn't above straight murder when it suits his purposes, either.
- The Crime Master is the inheritor of “The Goblin” and even more evil. The new up and coming mobster is introduced directing his enforcer, the Sandman, to squeeze a man's head until it explodes, with ruthless extortion and murder being part of his normal functions. What sets him apart from other mobsters is when he, with his Nazi benefactors, begins having black citizens kidnapped and given to Otto Octavius for his torturous experiments. When he realizes the authorities are on to them, the Crime Master opts to try to murder the civilians, calling them “livestock,” by forcing them into a furnace. Also the boyfriend of Felicia Hardy, when he discovers her relationship with Spider-Man, he viciously tortures her and scars her face hideously with a shard of glass.
- Cry for the Devil: Even after all he's done, it's hard not to feel bad at the end when Heinrich Himmler denounces Otto for being a born cripple, and thus unfit for the Master Race.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Noir as a whole has a small but notable set of fans begging for a third story with him. As well, Noir was arguably the most popular character in Shattered Dimensions (As well because he was voiced by a lot of people's favorite Spider man actor, Christopher Daniel Barnes.