- Cult Classic: The game sold poorly outside Japan, but it's widely considered a pioneer both for Visual Novels and Adventure Games alike.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Conducted in the Let's Play discussion, due to the likelihood of spoiler information being passed about: "Oh, as if Random could be taken out by anything short of orbital bombardment..."
- Goddamned Bats: The Insectors can become this during the shooting sequences, depending on how well you do on your first visit to the shooting range. And especially if you're running the game on an emulator (which most every player probably is nowadays,) where you'll either have a reticule that jumps all over the place as your fingers desperately try to keep up on the keyboard, or with an invisible reticule that shoots a lot lower than your mouse's cursor would usually indicate.
- Tear Jerker: Harry's death.
- While you barely see the character throughout the game, it's played full on when it turns out he's Gillian and Jamie's Child and he dies mere moments before Gillian figures it out.
- Ugly Cute: Metal Gear.
- The Woobie: Harry, on his way to death, admits to being alone for all his life, never knowing who his parents were, and did not have many friends. His only good friend, Jean, was killed, and he's been somewhat isolated otherwise. On top of that, he died without knowing that his own father was holding him!
- Woolseyism: The concept of "Neo Kobe Pizza" was originally a dumpling dish in the original Japanese... And son of a gun, it's really kind of tasty.