YMMV: Seven Samurai
- Crazy Awesome: Kikuchiyo
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: "I won't let this rice go to waste."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Kikuchiyo isn't the lead, but which of the actors' names is the best known now?
- Narm Charm: Well Kikuchiyo is certainly an... over-the-top fellow.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: A major victim of this phenomenon, it has been so influential that modern viewers can often miss its brilliance. Many of the visual jokes can now be recognized from miles away.
- It's often called the first real instance of what we think of now as an action film. The various tropes had all existed before, but this was the first time they were all used together.
- Tearjerker: While it's hinted at before, seeing Kikuchiyo break down crying over the orphaned toddler and exclaiming that he'd had the exact same thing happen to him is quite jarring.
- Throw It In: In one scene in which a mounted bandit is riding through town hacking at the villagers, one of the extras was hurled violently to the ground by an impact with the horse. It helped sell the scene, so it stayed.
- Too Cool to Live: Kikuchiyo, Kyuzo.