- Follow the Leader: Spawned many, many copycats on other Scripps Media-owned networks (and quite a few that aren't): Hotel Impossible; Save My Bakery; arguably Mystery Diner; Bar Rescue; Tattoo Rescue (the latter two on Spike TV).
- Nausea Fuel - Sometimes, one of the problems that must be addressed is the kitchen being absolutely filthy.
- One of the restaurants was SO filthy that they had to clean it in HAZMAT suits and had to spend half the budget on a professional kitchen cleaning crew who worked hours longer than they were supposed to, and still missed some of the filth. This included 19 DEAD RATS.
- Spiritual Successor: Of Dinner: Impossible
- Squick: One of the items on the menu at the Wagon Wheel in Delaware is muskrat. Robert tries it and spits it out but the owner defends it's inclusion by saying that it's a draw and it makes pretty good money (about $12 a plate more than it costs to make it).
Robert: It has rat in the name. Do you know anyone who likes to eat rats?
- What an Idiot - Several restaurants would end up completely disregarding Robert's advice on how to improve themselves despite all of the benefits. The majority of them would end up closing down because of it.