YMMV: Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade
- Anvilicious: "Grade Five Club".
- Broken Base: One half of the fanbase loves the movie, the other found it to be So Okay, It's Average or hated it because they felt it wasn't a satisfying conclusion.
- Contested Sequel: Most fans think of it as either good, okay, or average, but general consensus is that it's a good film, but not to the standards of Recess: School's Out, and that for Disney Direct-to-Video standards, it's one of the best (even if it's not a sequel to a film in the Disney Animated Canon).
- Misblamed: There have been fans complaining about Mikey and Gus's "new voice actors" in the film. Both of them has the same voice actors they did in the show, but sound different due to puberty (Courtland Mead's [Gus] voice was beginning to break, and Jason Davis' [Mikey] voice had already broken). The only member of a gang with a new voice is T.J.
- Replacement Scrappy: King Freddy II is this for fans of King Bob. Though he's seen as this in-universe.
- Meta example: A lot of Recess fans hated Myles Jeffrey's portrayal of T.J., due to his voice being too high and lacking the spunk Ross Malinger and Andy Lawrence gave him previously.
- They Changed It, Now It Whomps: Myles Jeffrey replacing Andrew Lawrence (and, to an extent, Ross Malinger) as the voice of T.J. was not very well-liked among fans and is often seen as a reason why this movie isn't well-liked.
- The Woobie: Spinelli in "A Recess Halloween"