- Broken Base: The introduction of Jewels created a large divide between the users who just wanted to play for fun and those who were willing to pay money for their virtual shopping habits. Most of the more fashionable, sought-after, and cross-promotional items became Jewel-only, leaving "Ribbons users" feeling alienated.
- When the Jewel system was first implemented, Ribbons users performed "nude protests" en masse, taking advantage of a glitch to post daily dress-up photos of their poupées wearing nothing. The protests flared up again when Katharine strategically lined up many events in a row in order to pressure users to pay for even the normal Ribbon items, but at this point most users have given up on fighting it.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: It was Japanese-only at first, but its popularity all over the world resulted in an Engrish version. It's largest non-Japanese fanbase is in Latin America.
- Guilty Pleasure: To some.
- Misaimed Fandom: There are more moupées (male poupées) around than you would think...
- That One Sidequest: "Go! Go! Piyo Balloon". The Shell Spring also counts, when you're trying to get a rare item.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: What many people think of the game after the introduction of the Jewel currency in 2008. See Broken Base above.