YMMV: Ponies The Anthology
- Broken Base: The amount of anti-Princess Twilight material in III left a few fans disappointed.
- Hilarious in Hindsight
- The Animaniacs sequences in II were funny to begin with, but were made even more fitting with The Hub's acquisition of the aforementioned series.
- Additionally, the first of them is "Boingy Boingy Boingy" set to Apple Bloom bouncing on a jumping Big Macintosh. Pinkie Pie would actually recite that line in "Games Ponies Play".
- The second Anthology has two shorts that feature Spike as Dug. I think no more needs to be said.
- One bit in II uses "Weird Al" Yankovic's "I Think I'm a Clone Now". Come 2014...
- The original Anthology has a bit with Snips and Snails as Insane Clown Posse. In My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks they try and fail miserably to do a rap number.
- Anthology II has a PMV sequence with clips of Rarity set to "Diamond In the Rough". Fast forward to 2014, and Rarity would refer to the Diamond Dogs as "diamonds in the rough" in the "Player Piano" Rainbow Rocks short.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Stephen King's Equestria Girls" in Anthology III. Watch it here, but if you don't want to, it involves Human Twilight and Fluttershy standing around with a low-pitched horror chord in the background. Then, an arm comes out of Twilight's mouth, sucks Fluttershy's head until she turns grey, and the rest of her body falls off.
Spike (to Owlowiscious): All you need to know as that I'm number one, and you're number two! Got it?(The Lipstick-Faced Demon appears behind him and screams)Spike: WHOA! Dude, that's creepy.
- From that same video, there is a recreation of the cursed tape from The Ring. Think that tape would be less scary with ponies? You'd be wrong. So very wrong.
- This little bit is either this or a Funny Moment:
- Another one that can also be considered a Funny Moment, Pinkamena doing "I'm So Angry".
- Ponies the Anthology II features a segment setting "Mars, the Bringer of War" to a particularly creepy fan art of Princess Celestia.
- In Ponies The Anthology II there's a segment of the Time Machine from 2002 where Hartdegen arrives in 2037 and gets arrested for safety purposes. A little bit scary right there, until he looks up in the sky and sees the broken moon descending down on Earth, but Nightmare Moon is flying through the sky, laughing...