YMMV: Pokémon RéBURST
- Cliché Storm: ReBURST doesn't break any new ground or play around with the conventions of the Shōnen (Demographic). The tropes used in the manga are ones you've seen many times before played straight without any creativity.
- Fetish Retardant: If a female is in a fanservice-y pose (in the splash pages or otherwise), expect her pose to require a rubber spine or her body to have misshapen parts.
- Hype Backlash: It was hyped as a Darker and Edgier Pokemon manga in comparisons to the others but when it came out a lot of people were turned off by the Fetish Retardant, Hot-Blooded protagonist, and especially the lack of actual Pokemon. Even the people who stayed usually see it as So Okay, It's Average.
- Moment Of Awesome: Ryouga taking the Akebo head on like a man, followed by the akebo shattering on impact with ryoga's body.
- So Okay, It's Average: Putting aside the knee-jerk reaction to the premise, people faithfully read on...and generally found it to be underwhelming, but not horrible.
- Tear Jerker: The "Mother" chapter. Karuta finds out that his mother had died after he brought the medicine for his village.