- Ambiguously Gay: The boy in the locker room.
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: Chippy Cheddar's, where you're the star!
- Brand X: The boy in the locker room reads Fashion magazine, while the Chippy Cheddar's girl graduated from "College".
- Chained to a Railway: Actually, Taylor was tied to it.
- Dastardly Whiplash: The guy who ties Taylor to the tracks.
- Damsel in Distress: Subverted. Taylor does not appear to be in emotional distress and gets out on her own.
- Drinking on Duty: The bad guys doing this is how Taylor gets away.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Literally, for the Chippy Cheddar's girl, in at least two ways.
- Eating Lunch Alone: The girl in the dress...in the bathroom...
- Evil Gloating: The bad guy does this. A lot.
- Freudian Excuse: Taylor mentions it as the possibility for the target of the song:I'll bet you got pushed around,"Somebody made you cold.''
- Jerk Jock: Tormenting the boy in the locker room.
- Kids Are Cruel: All three characters who aren't Taylor know this.
- On a Soundstage All Along: More like an actual stage.
- Take That, Critics!: While it's a matter of debate as to who inspired this song, Taylor has said it's about someone who criticized her a lot.
- The Great Depression: An inspiration for Taylor's setting
- The Roaring Twenties: Another inspiration for Taylor's setting.
- "The Villain Sucks" Song: This song could be a Real Life example of it.
Music / Mean
Mean is a 2010 song by Taylor Swift from her album, Speak Now. It was made into a music video in 2011.Tropes associated with this song: