- Critical Research Failure: In Boston, Robby asks the dying Jimbo to tell her how he might have been infected. A doctor of her (or any) caliber should know that's going to be difficult for him to do with a breathing tube down his throat.
- Harsher in Hindsight: A real-life outbreak of the Ebola virus occurred in Zaire only a few months after the film was released.
- And then, later on, there was bird flu
- And for the hat-trick, the most recent outbreak of Ebola in West Africa infected two Americans who were recently (at the time of this posting anyway) brought BACK to the United States. Clearly, no one who made this decision to do this had seen this movie... or any movie dealing with our favorite microscopic mass-murderers.
- Or perhaps they did. Those patients who were transported back were cured and aside from some slips in quarantine, there was no major outbreak in a population center. As of this posting.
- One-Scene Wonder: The White House Chief of Staff (played by the uncredited J.T. Walsh) is in exactly one scene in which he gives a speech that deftly balances Reasonable Authority Figure and Realpolitik.