- Jerkass Woobie: Kuromi is mean, all because My Melody really made her life miserable.
- Mana, considering the fact that the incident with all of those cute things made her a Jerkass to My Melody.
- Memetic Mutation: Some sort of loli breakfast machine.
- The Scrappy: Mana was hated by the audience for her fear of cuteness.
- Squick: Rabbits having crushes on people is all fine and dandy, but is she hoping he'll knock her up?!
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Many people new to the series assumed that Mana was a boy, due to her lack of feminine features, Boyish Short Hair, and her deep, masculine voice. To quote some amusing comments from a YouTube video for episode 8:
A commentor: Mana sounded like a girl when he screamed...Replier to the above commentor: That's because Mana IS a girl.
- Wangst: Keiichi Hiiragi's reaction to coming second in a violin competition: he smashes his priceless Stradivarius, and goes into catatonic BSOD lasting for days.
- Although it wasn't really so much coming in second as it was that the guy that beat him was able to play the Song of the Dark Power.
- When Uta discovers Keiichi is the one who fuels Kuromi's magic, she goes into Heroic B.S.O.D. for at least one day.