YMMV: Mr. Brooks
- Epileptic Trees: One of the more bizarre interpretations on the IMDB forums suggested that no-one in the film existed except Marshall, and that Brooks (and every other character and event) was a product of his imagination. The lengthy debate that ensued was hilarious in its absurdity.
- Evil Is Cool: Subverted. "Smith" thinks this about Brooks, despite Brooks consistently attempting to dissuade him of the notion.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Dexter fans may be surprised/accustomed to see a serial killer story involving the attending of AA meetings and later the discussing of hiding a body under a thin layer of dirt in a yet-to-be-used cemetery grave.
- Special Effects Failure: Towards the end of the movie, Brooks is holding a glass of milk that varies in fullness, somehow gaining more as he goes upstairs before disappearing entirely.
- Trapped by Mountain Lions: Much of the Demi Moore subplot, up until the point where it crosses over fully with the real story, is so divorced from the main action that it almost feels like a separate film.