YMMV: Molly Moon
- Canon Sue: Despite a classic set-up (orphaned and brought up by mean adults), Molly doesn't start out as particularly Sueish in the first book. However, she develops more and more Sueish traits as the books go on, while developing more incredible and flat-out impossible powers. This is one of the main reasons why many fans feel the series has Jumped The Shark.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The entire bank robbery. All of it.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: In the second book, minor characters Gerry and Gemma find the book on hypnosis and try to hypnotize Gerry's pet mouse, Victor. We are then treated to a short scene from the mouse's point of view:
The girl seemed to be trying to communicate with him in mouse language. Her tone wasn't exactly "Mouse." It had a strong human accent, but was an understandable squeak all the same. It seemed to translate into "Slaap, slaap, slaap." Victor assumed she meant sleep, sleep, sleep. He felt slightly peeved. That was exactly what he'd been doing before he was so rudely awakened.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: Just about any scene where Mrs. Trinklebury appears.
- Molly and Rocky's reunion in the first book.
- Toy Ship: Molly/Rocky.