- Crowning Moment of Funny
- The kids inadvertently get their junior recess guardian to run around pretending to be an aeroplane just as the headmaster and Mr Bouillon walk by.
- In the movie, the scene where Nicolas' parents have dinner with his dad's boss.
- Both the book and the movie versions of Nicolas cleaning the house by himself.
- A conversation between Nicolas and his Father's Sitcom Arch-Nemesis Bledurt as the later is trying to start a fire after being caught in the rain: "No good, the matches are wet." "You should make a fire to dry them out." "... You are truly your father's son."
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming
- All the kids cheering for Clotaire in the movie after he has answered correctly.
- When Nicolas is invited to Geoffroy's (the rich kid), his dad stares wide-eyed at the Big Fancy House before quickly driving off. When Nicolas sees all Geoffroy's toys, he agrees that they're cool, but that his father has a soapbox racer in the attic that he built himself, and it's a lot cooler. The story ends with Geffroy's father calling Nicolas' to ask if he could buy the racer, Nicolas' dad says no but agrees to help him build one, glowing with joy.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The series is called "Lil' Nicolas", then came a certain French president noted for his small size named Nicolas Sarkozy...