- Cool Loser: Billy isn't super cool; he's a bit whiny and he drives a van. But he's a fairly good looking guy and certainly seems closer to an average guy so it is a mystery why even Froggy picks on him. What is also is a mystery is this 'darkness and edginess' his girlfriend sees in him.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: The turtle aliens are amongst the rare bright spots in the film.
- Fetish Retardant: The sex scenes.
Servo: "Urgh! Nature videos of big spiders going at it are more appealing."
- Memetic Mutation: Nerf Blaster of Ultimate Destruction.
- Special Effects Failure: Stop-motion animation (here used for the aliens) seldom ages well...
- And it's still the best SFX, if not part in general, of the entire movie! Even the critics pointed this out.
- What an Idiot: The two main aliens. When they kill the person wielding the blaster, they don't take the technology with them, and leave it there for some random person to find. At least they're thoroughly bitched out by their superior for that. Probably...