YMMV: Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Common consensus is that the best part of the first movie is Lara's brief Shower Scene near the beginning, along with the ensuing Modesty Towel, Toplessness from the Back and Side Boob.
- Critical Dissonance
- Foe Yay: A fair bit in the first movie. Besides the more obvious Alex/Lara, there's a significant bit of flirting between Powell and Lara. Though in the latter case Lara isn't particularly fooled.
- Girl-Show Ghetto: One of the few female-lead action films to break it; according to Box Office Mojo, it's still the highest-grossing action film with a lone female Billed Above The Title, and is fifth among any film with an action heroine in the lead or co-lead after The Hunger Games films, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Jolie's Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
- Ho Yay: Hillary spends the better part of The Cradle of Life living in Bryce's trailer. At the end of the film, Lara meets up with the two of them as they are being groomed by a group of tribeswomen. For their wedding. They beat a hasty retreat, but one must wonder what gave the women that impression. It's possible they were being dressed up to marry women in the tribe, but that's sure not the impression you get when you watch it — and if they're running away from being married to women, doesn't that make it even more suspect?
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Video Game Movies Suck: An Averted Trope. Although there's a fair bit of Critical Dissonance, (scores of 19% for the first and 24% for Cradle of Life on Rotten Tomatoes) most viewers tended to find the movies to actually be pretty good (about 60% for both among viewers on Rotten Tomatoes). If nothing else, they're considered far better than the average video game movie, and even after 13 years worth of inflation, the first film is still the highest grossing game-to-movie by far.