YMMV: Julie & Julia
- Award Snub: Meryl Streep. Her umpteenth nomination.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: In her follow-up book, Julie Powell admits to cheating on her husband after the events depicted in the movie. Kind of hard now to watch her say that she doesn't deserve a husband as nice as him.
- Hollywood Homely: The real Julie is rather average-looking, at least compared to Amy Adams. Both Streep and Adams underwent a Beauty Inversion, ironically because they're still better looking than their real life counterparts. This makes it a case of Adaptational Attractiveness as well.
- One-Scene Wonder: Jane Lynch as Julia's sister.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: How much better would this movie be if we just had the more of the JULIA part?
- Also, what if Julie and Julia had met in real life?