- Covered Up: Canned Heat gave Jamiroquai their second No.1 in the US Dance Charts in 1996. Nowadays all its remembered for is being the background music for the dance scene in Napoleon Dynamite.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Admit it, the only reason most people even admit to watching the American Godzilla is for its soundtrack, with Deeper Underground being cited as one of the best tracks on it.
- Ear Worm: "Emergency on Planet Earth", "Too Young to Die", "Stillness in Time", "Virtual Insanity", "Cosmic Girl", "Canned Heat", the list goes on and on and on.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: If there's any member of the band that receives attention outside of Jay Kay, it's their original, immensely talented bassist, Stuart Zender. A nice subversion on the commonly pervading trope, really.
- Epic Riff: Again Deeper Underground.
- Face of the Band / I Am Not Shazam : Jay Kay has repeatedly tried to get audiences to view Jamiroquai as a group rather than just himself to almost no avail. For most people Jay Kay IS Jamiroquai.
- Meme: Canned Heat became this when it was used in the film Napoleon Dynamite for the lead character's awkward dance.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: "Virtual Insanity" didn't win a 1997 MTV Video Award for nothing.