YMMV: I Love You Phillip Morris
- Crosses the Line Twice: One of the film's greatest strengths.
- Magnificent Bastard: Steven is a rare protagonist version. Admit it, this is how you felt about him when you found out that he faked his own death from AIDS.
- Memetic Bystander: Cleavon the mopping prisoner, who has a few minutes screentime but some of the most memorable lines:
Guard: I said lights out. Turn it off.
Cleavon: Fuck you, pig.
Guard: Turn it off or we're coming in.
Cleavon: Well come on in — I got a dick that needs sucking.
- Moment Of Awesome: You fucker!
- Tear Jerker: The last 15 minutes are like a rollercoaster for your emotions.
- A particular mention goes to when Phillip and Steven are talking while Steven is dying of AIDS, since over that time the audience has seen Steven slowly die... but he's fine.
- The Woobie: Poor Phillip gets pulled into so much trouble and heartache because of Steven, especially when he believes Steven died of AIDS, and then Steven comes back to him literally seconds later.
- From his introduction in the film, Phillip is the epitome of this trope.