Tropers Online: 3,072
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
YMMV: I Love You Phillip Morris
- Crosses the Line Twice: One of the film's greatest strengths.
- Magnificent Bastard: Steven is a rare protagonist version. Admit it, this is how you felt about him when you found out that he faked his own death from AIDS.
- Moment Of Awesome: You fucker!
- Tear Jerker: The last 15 minutes are like a rollercoaster for your emotions.
- A particular mention goes to when Phillip and Steven are talking while Steven is dying of AIDS, since over that time the audience has seen Steven slowly die... but he's fine.
- The Woobie: Poor Phillip gets pulled into so much trouble and heartache because of Steven, especially when he believes Steven died of AIDS, and then Steven comes back to him literally seconds later.
- From his introduction in the film, Phillip is the epitome of this trope.