YMMV: I Am a Hero
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Some people have trouble killing their undead friends. Mitani beats the tar out of them while venting all the complaints he had about them in life.
- It Gets Better: The author spends the first 200 pages describing Hideo's life and state of mind. After that, the story's pace picks up very quickly.
- Moe: Hiromi. She's just so sweet and shy! Even while infected!
- Memetic Badass: Kurusu. The original one. It is through his influence that many of the neets and shut-in not only survive, but band together to try and fight against the zombies.
- Narm Charm: The ridiculous facial expressions the living and undead alike make.
- Squick: This isn't High School Of The Dead. The girls get grimy, dirty, hairy, and freely discuss that certain thing that happens once a month.
- Tear Jerker: "Please don't look at my face."
- "...Kun... Thank God you're alive..."