YMMV: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Food Porn: Come on, tell us you didn't drool when they started eating that giant Oatmeal Cream pie...
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The episode from the TV series in which Owen and Bret Hart guest star is kind of depressing and awkward to watch now in light of Owen's accidental death from a stunt gone wrong and Bret's stroke (facilitated by the concussions that forced him into retirement from wrestling).
- Just Here for Godzilla: When the original film was released, it was paired up with the Roger Rabbit cartoon Tummy Trouble, with some people being more interested in the new Roger Rabbit short than the actual film.
- Moral Event Horizon: Near the end of Honey, I Blew Up The Kid, Dr. Hendrickson plans to shoot Adam with tranquilizer darts from a helicopter. As they're currently in downtown Las Vegas, the copter pilot protests that if one of the darts hits the giant baby Adam, there's a chance he might fall into the gathered crowd. Then Dr. Hendrickson crosses the line with one statement:
Dr. Hendrickson: Well, we'll just have to hope that doesn't happen.
- Nightmare Fuel: The entire scorpion sequence from the first movie, as well as poor Nick almost being eaten by his father.
- Paranoia Fuel: You'll never eat your breakfast the same way again.
- Sequelitis: Neither of the two sequels was anywhere near as popular as the first, although some fans consider Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves to be a Surprisingly Improved Sequel compared to Honey, I Blew Up The Kid.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The instrumental theme of the first movie includes an obvious pastiche of Raymond Scott's "Powerhouse B", to the point that Scott's estate sued (and latter settled with Disney) because of the similarity.
- Tear Jerker: Anty's Heroic Sacrifice. Ron's reaction makes it even worse. Then the camera slowly moves away and we can see the other kids are just as devastated.
- Adam's almost hurt by the tranquilizers and being hurt by the electricity from the Hard Rock Cafe guitar prop the tranquilizer hit made Adam cry. So much that even the crowd, who were moments ago afraid of Adam, become concerned and worried for him. It also drove people to tears as well. Even worse when he calls for his mommy, who is still normal-sized and unable to comfort him.
- Ugly Cute: Anty behaves like a loyal puppy dog (of course) and makes a friendly-sounding trilling noise, but it looks exactly like a proportionately gigantic ant is supposed to.