- Canon Defilement: Everything.
- Though we can start with the fact that Hermione now seems to have the diction of a Valley Girl and the vocabulary of Malcolm Tucker on a bad day, and to have lost over 100 IQ points into the bargain. Then there's the fact that what little plot the story has fits into the Potterverse about as well as an elephant fits into a shoebox.
- Crossing the Line Twice: The rape scene crosses the line once, but Draco's ALLCAPS rant about how the Death Eaters did it all the time when they were at Malfoy Manor is impossible to take seriously.
- Die for Our Ship: Ron.
- Discredited Trope: Part of what makes Hermione's Talent so entertaining is that it's pretty much everything that My Immortal was (maybe) written to spoof in 2006, such as the anachronistic music, unwizardly and anachronistic fashion and copious swearing, posted in 2010 in apparently complete ignorance of it. The only thing missing was vampires.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Draco himself.
- Glurge: When the fic isn't showering us with overwrought grimdark, it's this instead.
- Lost in Medias Res: The fic launches straight into unattributed dialogue and singing without any real context.
- Mary Sue
- Every time the story reminds the reader of My Immortal, which is often.
- Neville's rapping.
- Every time Ron, Lavender, Draco and especially Hermione launch into ALLCAPS Cluster F Bombs.
- Draco's argument that they were on a break when he cheated on Hermione. Either the author intended it as a Shout-Out to the Running Gag from Friends, in which case it's hilariously inappropriate in a theoretically serious fic, or she didn't, in which case it's just hilarious.
- "Well everyone we have one more song to sing they I expect you all to head up to your beds you still have classes tomorrow morning. Now Ms. Granger shall be singing S&M by Rihanna."
- Ron the Death Eater: He's a cheating bastard who gets killed by an actual Death Eater.
- Shocking Swerve: As the review put it: "You don't get to be all Hot Topic brand mock-edgy teen drama complete with kewl soundtrack and rapping Neville for seventeen chapters and then drop a completely unforeshadowed graphic rape scene on the reader, not even if the mock-edgy teen drama uses more F-words than I do."
- So Bad, It's Good: It's an unintentional My Immortal clone trying to play itself straight. Of course it's this.
- Unfortunate Implications:
- What The Hell, Costuming Department?: The few times Hermione's outfit gets described fall squarely under this heading, being Out of Character for Hermione herself and not even in keeping with the wizarding world.