Tropers Online: 5,167
[ Login for more options ]
|These are what we call the 'YMMV items.' Things that some people find in this work. We call them 'your mileage might vary' because not everyone sees these things in the same way. This starts discussions in the trope lists, a thing we don't want. Please use the discussion page if you'd like to discuss any of these items.|
- Anvilicious: The kid in the stands who starts learning racism from his father, only to see how wrong it is when Pee Wee puts his arm around Jackie. Yeah, never would have gotten the message without that.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: "They're just a bunch of crackpots still fighting the Civil War." Chadwick Boseman was later cast as Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with his debut in the film Captain America: Civil War.
- Memetic Mutation: Pittsburgh!
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Brooklyn's Ebbets Field, which was demolished in 1960, is digitally recreated inside and out, and it looks MAGNIFICENT. You'd never know that a baseball field in Chattanooga stood in for the real deal.
- Ditto with the recreations of the Polo Grounds in Manhattan, Shibe Park in Philadelphia, Crosley Field in Cincinnati, and Forbes Field in Pittsburgh.