- An entire movie-length one: Never, not once, does Jackie ever retaliate. He wants to, he desperately wants to, but he ignores the bulk of it and when it does get under his skin he manages to control himself. There are saints with less patience.
Jackie: You want a player who doesn't have the guts to fight back?Rickey: No. I want a player who's got the guts not to fight back.
- "Jackie rounds the bases...and heads for home, sweet home."
- "The Dodgers are going to the World Series!"
- Peewee Reese, putting his arm around Robinson, and thanking him (Robinson) for giving Reese a chance to show his family who he is, as a man. What makes this awesome is this is done in front of Reese's "hometown crowd" in Cincinnati, Ohio. Truth in Television, as the photo of Reese's arm around Jackie is one of baseball's most iconic images.
- A milder one occurs prior to that: Reese goes to Rickey and asks to sit out of the Cincinnati game because he received a threatening letter for associating with Robinson. In return, Rickey wordlessly turns around, then pulls out three file folders full of venomous death threats sent to Robinson.
- The trailer and TV spots, set to Jay-Z's "Brooklyn Go Hard".
I father, I Brooklyn Dodger them/I jack, I rob, I sin/Aww man, I'm Jackie Robinson/'Cept when I run base, I dodge the pen
- Jackie's Establishing Character Moment, refusing to take gas for the team bus from a station that won't let them use the bathroom.