For the Game Show:
- Awesome Music / Ear Worm: It's an Edd Kalehoff theme, would you expect anything less?
- Do Not Do This Cool Thing: Admit it, you wanted to trash your own house after seeing the kids on the show do it.
- Moment of Awesome:
- The very rare occasion someone finds the object without trashing the room. Goes against the idea of the show, but awesome in that it only happened before the clock started.
- Toffler getting slimed in the first round. The production staff wouldn't let him change out of his gunge-covered shirt until just before the Romp.
- Romp wins were rare enough that they were always good for Moments of Awesome, but in a special class are those where the sixth clue card was found either with 1 second or less remaining or in less than 75 seconds. The record for the Eure era was 66 seconds, while at least three Toffler-era teams finished in under a minute, one taking just 40 seconds (of course, most of the clue cards were Hidden in Plain Sight).
- Nightmare Fuel: The Dungeon, Dracula's Den, and the Torture Tower. Several teams were noticeably more hesitant when searching the Dungeon than other rooms, which had unfortunate results when it was the Instant Prize Room in one episode.
- Replacement Scrappy: Larry for Wesley, although it is arguable which one was actually the better host; their respective defenders and detractors claim that Wesley had a better rapport with the contestants but was visibly uncomfortable with the messy side of the show, while Larry was more laid back but seemed largely indifferent to the competitive side of the show.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: With Toffler came an overhaul of the Hidden Pictures round, an increase in difficulty of the room searches, and a decrease in difficulty of the Romp.
- What an Idiot!: Perhaps a rather harsh judgment when the contestants are nervous, excitable middle school age kids, but many teams missed objects or clue cards in plain sight (in some cases despite actually touching them several times) or didn't search the most obvious hiding place during the Romp. For example, in one 1987 episode, the Romp clue in the Garage read, "The snowblower broke - looks like more work for you!", suggesting a snow shovel. The players actually held the snow shovel for several seconds and still didn't notice the clue card, prompting Eure to throw up his hands in utter disbelief.
For the Webcomic:
- Nightmare Fuel: Something is just wrong about Robin's "BECAUSE IT'S TRUE!!" face near the end of Chapter Two.