- Alternate Character Interpretation: Roger Ebert published a reader letter that puts forward the theory that Claire is an angel sent to save Drew from self-destruction, who chooses to leave Heaven to stay on Earth with him.
- Awesome Music: It's a Cameron Crowe movie.
- "My Father's Gun" by Elton John, which plays after Drew's botched suicide attempt, as well as in the middle of his road trip.
- "This Time Around" by IO, when Drew reminisces about his father before setting out for Elizabethtown.
- Ruckus's rendition of "Freebird" at Mitch's memorial service. Not even a raging fire with the sprinklers at full-blast stops the band from Epic Rocking.
- Most of the songs on Claire's mix CD's.
- Critical Dissonance: Only has a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it's well-loved by fans, despite the box office failure.
- Ear Worm: "I... can turn a green sky bluer!"