* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Creator/RogerEbert [[http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060625/LETTERS/60627001 published a reader letter]] that puts forward the theory that Claire is [[spoiler:an angel sent to save Drew from self-destruction, who chooses to leave Heaven to stay on Earth with him.]]
* AwesomeMusic: It's a Cameron Crowe movie.
** "My Father's Gun" by Elton John, which plays after Drew's botched suicide attempt, as well as in the middle of his road trip.
** "This Time Around" by IO, when Drew reminisces about his father before setting out for Elizabethtown.
** Ruckus's rendition of "[[Music/LynyrdSkynyrd Freebird]]" at Mitch's memorial service. Not even a raging fire with the sprinklers at full-blast stops the band from EpicRocking.
** Most of the songs on Claire's mix CD's.
* CriticalDissonance: Only has a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes, but it's well-loved by fans, despite the box office failure.
* EarWorm: "I... can turn a green sky bluer!"
* OneSceneWonder: Alec Baldwin as Drew's boss Phil who can't seem to decide if he wants to make Drew feel better or worse about his failure.