- Ensemble Darkhorse: Joan Collins' scenery chewing glee as Alexis has become such an iconic part of the show's image that it's a bit hard to believe she didn't show up until season 2.
- Ear Worm: The theme song, of course.
- Growing the Beard: When Alexis and the new writers appeared.
- Magnificent Bitch: Alexis. Total Rich Bitch. So fun to watch on-screen.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Most of the things that made this show a success have since become a Cliché Storm of Discredited Tropes which are difficult to take seriously anymore. That is to say, if you only see it long after it was cancelled.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: the relationship between Blake and Krystle is often redolent of this.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Krystle can come off like this in comparison to almost all the other women in the cast.
- The Woobie: Claudia Blaisdel-Carrington in spades.
- Krystle as well, occasionally, given her treatment by her stepchildren, husband's ex-wife and even the staff and Blake's own treatment of her.