YMMV: Doctor Who S27 E6 "Dalek"
- Fan Nickname: Rusty for the Dalek. The Dalek from ''Into the Dalek'' was called this as a Shout-Out to this episode.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- An otherwise throwaway line used in Van Statten's Establishing Character Moment successfully predicted the results of the 2012 election.
- Similarly, there is mention of a meteor landing in Russia in 2013. Fast forward to 2013 and...
- There's also his remark about owning the internet. Fast forward to 2012 and SOPA, and it nearly became a reality.
- Strawman Has a Point: The Doctor wanting to kill the Dalek and wipe out their species is portrayed as bad, except he knows how dangerous the Daleks are, which is aptly demonstrated in this episode when the Dalek kills hundreds of people, and the Dalek makes it quite clear it wants to wipe out humanity. Rose tries to give the moral judgement, except she doesn't know about the Daleks, so this is more borne out of ignorance. Later, she is terrified of the Daleks and shows no remorse on wiping them out (apparently).